Wednesday 1 June 2011

Oyoshe Bring Da Noise 2



The new album from Oyoshe the young Napolitan Beatmaker and Mc featuring Vast Aire, Access Immortal, Chief Kamachi, Blaq Poet, Verbal Kent, BlockMcCloud, C-Rayz, Craig G.
Listen Up!!!!


Buy on: ITUNES

When did you start and why?

I started making music in 2001 just for fun with a simple playstation app...I recorded my rap on mixtapes that I still own somewhere !I used to get my hands on black market cds, like Eminem and The Wu Tang.I also listened and burned every single show of "Radio Rin" mostly because they played Rap, that's where I learned about kool g, Naughty By Nature, Kurtis Blow and many more old school Mcs.

Who are the beatmaker who inspires you?


The beatmaker who inspires me the most is dj Premier, I own an MPC with hissignature on it and every day, when I turn it on I got that name in front of me, How can't I be inspired?
Marco Polo's "Authority Porth" influenced me a lot, I also likekev brown's basslines, and worship Pete Rock's sound.I’ve got a lot of admiration for Damu because he's giving a second life to "The golden age", but I also grew up with "Fantastic damage" and all of "Def Jux" (as you may have notice most of the album tracks have names taken from the old Def Jux) In other words, it goes from the classic to the more experimental,and most of all, I dig everything which is pure hip hop music.

What do you think of the Italian scene in general?


I really respect the Italian scene, and especially the old school, even if it now seems that everything is centered around it and that it doesn’t leave much room for anything else. The important events are build around big names (which is obviously a guarantee) but I keep repeating that one should dig deeper to find the best shit around!

What does it mean to be born in Naples?


I think that Naples breathes Hip Hop in many different ways, and i’m not only talking about the 4 disciplines.I see Hip Hop where there is truth and spontaneity, and Naples is full of it, from the men selling fruits right from the street, to the Spanish neighborhood, where the boys living there may have very little to do with hip hop.Regarding the 4 disciplines, what it needs is more union. More breakers that listen what mc's are saying, more mcs willing to learn about breakdance or just show up more often to the contests ...We are a rap reality whose trying to emigrate while keeping a strong connection to our roots, because what matters is the TRUTH and OUR truth is that we come from Naples, we feel the need to emerge and represent our town... we love to represent Naples.

Can you tell us how this heavy collaborations with USA started ?


It started when some famous Mcs listened to my beats on Myspace ( The best page to do that at the time ) I couldn’t afford an expensive studio or collaborate with artists that would ask for too much money. Our project has always been crystal clear and the more it goes on, the more there were people interested and curious about our work. It essential to always be aware of where you want to go even when you don’t have the best cards in hand.

First official debut video of the neapolitan beatmaker Oyoshe feat Blaq Poet with the song ''Deal With It'' From the Album ''Bring Da Noise 2'' out for Soulspazm (u.s.a)Subway and B.M. Records (eu).





Mad Props to Lady Yaya for the translation!!!

1 comment: