Sunday 7 November 2010

Yoka aka Pàssaro Imigrante Interview



This is the proof that that the street is a great place to meet great people!!!
"We Support Underground Artists"

Hello my name is… YOka a.k.a Pássaro Imigrante (migrating bird)

I was raised in…brazil, portugal, england & spain....get the name now?

The reason that you’re reading about me is…because I produce rap music and recently put out this 12" EP called Pássaro Imigrante that features people from all this places I´ve been living in and sharing my music experiences with.

Right now I’m working on…promoting my independent label "Somatoria do Barulho" to make sure you all get more underground rap music on the best format ever VINYL!!!

But I’d rather be…making beats in my home studio.

My most prized possessions are…my record collection, no doubt!

But I’d give it all away for…a ticket to Brazil right now!

The first thing I do in the morning is…look at the time.

The last thing I do at night is…kiss my lady.

My momma always said…well done my son ;-)

I love it when people…recycle their rubbish.

I hate it when people…talk about shit they don´t now and think it´s right jus´because the TV said so...

If you ever see me walking down the street…invite me to a decent party, please!!!!

My most notable run-in with the law…being kept inna imigration cell for over 4 hours trynig to go back to England 4 another great time......after stripping me down to the flash and scanning all my finger prints they let me in with the condition that I´d only pick up my passport on the way back out! DEAL!!!

If I had to say sorry it would be because…I made a mistake, no big deal.

I get real aggro when…spoiled motherfuckers make no use of basic respectful manners and jus´waste everything around them...FUCK YOU PLAYBOYS!!!

The last time I swore I’d never drink was after a night of…shots of tequila on top of inumerous pints of beer!!! I woke up with my girlfriend shouting at me while I threw up on top of our dinner table...hehehhehehehehehehe!!!

Future projects and plans…putting out the next album of the brazilian rap group Elo da Corrente and another couple of rare brazilian classics from the 70´s, as well as my second album...always on vinyl!!!

And before I leave I’d like to give a shout out to…mother nature who gives me the power and inteligence to fight this corrupt world and industry while trying to make it happen...everybody who helped me out supporting the making of this record, all the people who bought it, my dj friends who play it at the clubs and my woman and family for sticking with me and my crazy ideas. Love you´ll
;^)




Download:
http://yoka.bandcamp.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment