Wednesday 3 November 2010

Thavius Beck Interview



Thavius Beck is an electronic musician, producer, MC, saxophone/bass guitar player, and a certified trainer of Ableton Live.

Hello my name is…Thavius Beck

I was raised in…Richmond, California and Minneapolis, Minnesota

The reason that you’re reading about me is…because of my awesome afro... and because I make music, and teach others how to make music as well

Right now I’m working on…two different solo albums, a project called Black Electro, and a few commercials

But I’d rather be…Having sex with my ex-love

My most prized possessions are… My laptop, my launchpad, and my headphones

But I’d give it all away for…a tenor saxophone

The first thing I do in the morning is… wake up

The last thing I do at night is…get high while making music

My momma always said…stop being lazy, and then she'd say I was a genius

I love it when people…enjoy their life

I hate it when people…cause you to enjoy your own life less

If you ever see me walking down the street…feel free to say whats up and burn one withcha boy!

My most notable run-in with the law…had more of these than I care to remember... I guess getting arrested for weed possession while on tour with Saul Williams the day of our show in Washington D.C. opening up for Talib Kwali was pretty notable

If I had to say sorry it would be because…if i had to say sorry it would have something to do with me breaking someone's heart

I get real aggro when…things take longer than they should for no reason

The last time I swore I’d never drink was after a night of…i've never sworn I'd stop drinking. I love beer, vodka, and absinthe

Future projects and plans…two new solo records, black electro, remixes, music for commercials/film, and teaching/private lessons.

And before I leave I’d like to give a shout out to…Me. Big ups to me. Tell your friends about me so I can play in Barcelona more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment